Spending the night the Dirty Dodge. The color is as ugly as the weather outside, but I must confess…this is still the BEST family man muscle car out today!
– Launch Control!
– Rumble at start-up is incredible.
– Computer allows you to have plenty of fun in Sport mode with an insane menu of adjustments that you can make on the powertrain side.
– Plenty of leg room for the fam. My 8-year old sat behind me and I didn’t have to adjust my seat. That could not have been done in the Camaro or Mustang.
– Cylinder Deactivation works very well, but it’s still hard to pull more MPGs when you want to have your foot in it all the time. If it was my daily driver, I think I could get a consistent 20 mpg…which is what my other Dirty Dodge gets (that nasty minivan) but it would be a smile-filled 20!
– Did I mention Launch Control? If not, I’m telling you, Launch Control!
– Pretty smooth ride compared to the Mustang and Camaro as well.
– Real, usable trunk
– Love the HVAC and radio controls. No instruction manual needed to operate and everything was easy to find even while driving.
– The performance measuring menu is top-notch. You can monitor G-force, 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 1/8th mile and more.
– That Launch Control!
– Dare I say, for $39K, is it a bargain?
– While I appreciate the MDS, you can hear the engine cruising in four-cylinder mode, and it does not sound pretty.
– That color. However, two of the kids did like it…but Boney saw me pulling up and said, “Daddy’s home and he has a new car, and it’s green, and it’s ugly! (Now you see why she has her own segment right?)
2015 Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack adds a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine with 470 horsepower, Tremec six-speed manual transmission, 180 mph speedometer, high-performance suspension, active stainless steel performance dual exhaust system, 220-amp alternator, Scat Pack striping, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, Brembo four-piston high-performance brake package, and new 20-by-9-inch polished aluminum wheels with three-season performance tires. – From Allpar.com: